COTS-based LTE products are cutting costs and increasing connectivity to improve decision cycles on the battlefield.
Service providers need to leverage Network Intelligence technologies to survive in the new network landscape. Whether these technologies require 10G or 40G capabilities, AdvancedTCA offers the price/performance balance to fit the bill.
Interview with Hermon Pon, Iridium Communications, and Michael Lohman, Hughes Network Systems
PXI, and a larger format standard, AXIe, are causing a revolution in the instrumentation industry. Traditional “box” instruments with knobs and displays are giving way to faceless modular instruments that are controlled by a computer, such as a desktop or laptop, or even embedded within the modular chassis itself. With this new format come speed, size reduction, flexibility, and lower cost.
There is irony in the fact that products designed to bridge communications are often the most difficult to talk about. The problem rests in the complexity of network and telecommunications products, and also the fact that it is nearly impossible to effectively demonstrate what is going on inside the box. Many pieces of network hardware often look like identical silver or black boxes, which makes it especially challenging to differentiate products against competitors' offerings. Major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) often have vast portfolios of products, each with their own unique features, benefits, and value drivers. When you consider that products like rack servers, routers, switches, and storage hardware cannot function outside of their natural environment, demonstrating and differentiating all of these products at trade shows or remote sales meetings is futile.
- Fiber, free space, or silicon? - Challenges in optical backplanes, Part 2
- "5 years out" - Challenges in optical backplanes, Part 1
- Operators battle for more spectrum as FCC opens new frequencies
- Wireless operators set to blanket U.S. with LTE - Aided by foreign investment
- LTE networks will enable a new generation of M2M applications
- The Deep Packet Inspection spectrum: Evolution from technology development to plug-and-play products
- The evolution of Security and Information Event Management systems
- Marching toward 40 Gb Ethernet testing
- Deep Packet Inspection use cases: Lawful Intercept and CALEA compliance
- ATCA load balancing at 40 Gbps
- AdvancedTCA lays groundwork for Iridium NEXT
- Selecting CompactPCI Serial for creating modular embedded computing systems
- Interest in xTCA rising at CERN as experiments plan for DAQ upgrade
- xTCA markets and specs on the far side of the Maya calendar
- CompactPCI Serial: The new CompactPCI "base" specification
- White Paper: Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) – Use Cases, Requirements and Architectures
- Enabling Workload Consolidation on the Next-Generation Communications Platform from Intel(r), codename Crystal Forest
- Enabling 10 Gbit-Ethernet in Miniature I/O Connectors for Aerospace and Defense Applications
- Consolidating Packet Forwarding Services on the ADLINK aTCA-6200 Blade with the Intel(r) DPDK
- Accelerated Deep Packet Inspection for Network Security Applications -- Delivering High-Performance DPI on Intel Xeon Processor with Wind River Content Inspection Engine